Web Cleaning Applications:
- Print Presses
- Coating Machines
- Laminating Machines
- Slitting Machines
- Low cost solution with rapid payback
- Higher product quality
- Less rejects and rework
- Increase productivity
- Reduce costs and increase profit
- Proven non-contact cleaning technology
Web contamination on printing, coating and slitting machines
The Proact web cleaning system has been designed and manufactured for maximum cleaning efficiency with a minimum maintenance.
The web cleaning system removes contamination particles from your process which reduces customer returns/rejects and creates higher profit for you.
The web cleaner is a revolutionary approach to cleaning webs. It combines high powered anti-static bars, a powerful air jet bar and high-pressure vacuum slot in one compact unit.
Contamination of the web is mostly caused by static electricity that attracts factory dust particles to the web like a magnet. The majority of substrate reels used will also have slitting dust and particles trapped between the layers.
Web Cleaning System operation
- The Proact web cleaner first removes the static charge with a high powered anti-static bar and by eliminating static, breaks the bond attracting debris, dust and particles to the web.
- The second stage is the vacuum extraction slot where negative air pressure removes all unwanted debris and particles off the web.
- The third stage is the air jet bar which produces an invisible wall (blade to web) which blocks any particles passing by. The air jet bar also creates a positive air pressure that scrubs the web of any stubborn debris pushing it into the negative air pressure at the vacuum extraction slot.
Non-contact Web Cleaning advantages
- No substrate scratching
- No change to web tension
- No change to substrate surface tension, rubbing off your treatment
- No static generation from contact friction
- No expensive consumables (such as adhesive sheets)
For machines with:
- Web widths: 150 – 2500 mm
- Line speeds: up to 250 mpm
- Web contamination from 1 micron to 2 mm in size
- Low migration inks