First choice for ancillaries

Rotor Spray

Rotor Spray Coating - applications

  • Textiles
  • Nonwovens
  • Tissue
  • Paper
  • Foil
  • Film

How the Rotor Spray works

A liquid is carried into the center of a rapidly rotating rotor via a supply pipe centrifugal force accelerates the liquid outwards to a specially shaped plate edge, from where the fine droplets of the spray application fly. The diameter of the droplets depends on the viscosity and surface tension of the respective sprayed liquid and is between 30 and 70 micrometers.

The droplets are sprayed at a 360° angle around the rotor. Approximately 30% of the liquid carried in the rotors is sprayed onto the web. The remaining 70% of the sprayed liquid is collected and flows back into the storage tank.

The required application quantity (e.g. in g/m²) is simply entered on the panel of the control unit each time. The control unit regulates the volume accordingly with a gear pump. This involves calculating the flow meter and web speed signals so that the dosage is very precise and independent of the speed.


  • Contact-free application of chemicals
  • Precise dosing and monitoring of the quantity applied
  • Uniform and even spray pattern
  • Automatic adaptation of the quantity applied to the speed
  • Low maintenance costs
  • Simple operation and maintenance
  • Guarantees streak-free application

Link to Partners website:            Consultex Systems